Today I got this interesting article over mail....BARBARA CARRELLAS’S REASONS WHY MARRIAGE SHOULD BE ABOLISHED!!!
1. Weddings are too expensive.
The billions of dollars spent on weddings could be put to better use.
2. Weddings take too much planning and are too stressful.
Imagine what social miracles we could create if we channelled all that energy and brainpower into efforts for world peace.
3. Divorce is expensive, messy and painful.
Without marriage, people wouldn’t need divorce. They could simply break up and get on with their lives.
4. Marriage once managed important legal and social issues, such as the perpetuation of the species, the granting of property rights and the protection of bloodlines.
Our legal system now handles these issues. Women no longer need marriage for monetary support and most men know how to cook and do laundry.
5. Marriage is too limiting.
You can only be married to one person at a time.
6. Marriage is unnecessary for effective child rearing.
Raising a child can be done by one or two or more committed people in any form of relationship.
7. Marriage glorifies the romantic myth, an unrealistic and impossible idealization of relationship.
8. Married people are allowed over 2700 financial and social benefits that unmarried people are denied.
The elimination of marriage would help create a fairer, more just society.
9. The separation of church and state is a good thing.
The separation of relationships and state is an even better thing.
10. On a spiritual level all relationships are eternal; therefore marriage is redundant.