Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ambivalence!

While reading some interesting stuff.. i came across the ambivalence of the heart. Its there every where.. the ambivalent Arjuna in the battle field... or Jane Austin's Emma talking of ambivalence in the game of courtship... While the mind makes a decision and takes steps to go ahead..the fears hold back. The heights of ambivalence is of agnostics... they haven't yet made up their mind.. if God exists ..Or She/He/It doesn't!!
Hmm.. this brings me to some poetry... one very popular old time hindi song... I'm trying my translation skills... u have to guess the original:))
Game??!!

You may
Or may not
But
I'm sure
I love
You, not.

But this mystery
i haven't fathomed
Why I find
your talk sweet
Why I search for
reasons To meet.
Sometimes I wished
To touch you and see,
sometimes i wished
to bring you closer.

But, still..
You may
Or may not
But
I'm sure
I love
You, not.

Still,
When you stay
Away from me
Shadows of sadness
Lie on my heart
Some dream peep through
High rise buildings,
Some dream with bowed head
Stay seated
Sometimes darkness spread
On the paths of heart
sometimes it lightens up
Far and wide..

But, still..
You may
Or may not
But
I'm sure
I love
You, not.

(Have you got it??:)

2 comments:

  1. The attemt to not say by saying that I don't,
    Attempt to hide the silence through sincere words,
    Dismay at weakness of a want that you won't,
    you have touched with reluctance the core chords !

    in praise of the silence !

    ReplyDelete