Monday, May 18, 2009

AUTOBIOGRAPHY ...befitting so many of us!

Wow! absolutely loved this one ... :)

seems an autobiography of all humans... but.... in second thought... even if we think it is US, its not!

Humans have un-imaginable ability to find or dig new holes to fall... even after changing the road!... And so much apt are the three new chapters added today by a friend!


AUTOBIOGRAPHY IN FIVE SHORT CHAPTERS (by Portia Nelson)

I
I walk down the street.

There is a deep hole in the sidewalk

I fall in.

I am lost ... I am helpless.

It isn't my fault.

It takes me forever to find a way out.


II
I walk down the same street.

There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.

I pretend I don't see it.

I fall in again.

I can't believe I am in the same place

but, it isn't my fault.

It still takes a long time to get out.


III
I walk down the same street.

There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.

I see it is there.

I still fall in ... it's a habit.

my eyes are open

I know where I am.

It is my fault.

I get out immediately.


IV
I walk down the same street.

There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.

I walk around it.


V
I walk down another street.

--------------------------------------------

Well...here comes the post script... as a friend wrote...

VI
I walk down that another street.

I miss the deep hole

So I dig one and fall in

I know where I am.

I get out immediately.

VII
I walk down that another street.

There is a deep hole in the sidewalk

I dug it.

I fall in.

I know where I am.

I sit there.

I feel lonely.

I get out immediately.

VIII

I walk down that another street.

I see the deep hole in the sidewalk

I make it bigger.

I fall in.

And still there’s space.

I sit there waiting.

She falls in.

I am not lonely.

We sit there.

No comments:

Post a Comment