Thursday, May 28, 2009

Silence- two moods!

1)
Silence Between Us
Some days silences between us
seems so soft and warm...
a comfort of known
as an old blanket in winters
which enwraps me with out suffocating.
It doesn't have the sharp edges
of a broken mirror.
It fills the space around,
without intruding into my existence
into my body.
Fulfills the needs of skin
like an intimate caress,
like a smell one like very much.
sometimes the silence between us...

2)
Silence Around Me

Some days,
Silence around me
Cuts and bruises,
Like icicles.
Some days it makes me
breathless, with
Heavy mist and smoke.
It enwraps me and I can not
see you, call out your name
My periphery, my senses
Go numb
Inside, something still burns,
But
Dies slowly.

4 comments:

  1. I chanced upon your blog and found it very interesting. The event blogs are striking enough to have a feel of the event, so, I would like to have a little chit-chat on your blogging interests. And even we are coming up with an event on startups on June 6th. So, can I have your contact details? Looking forward to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.. Wondering if 2) answers 1)..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We write in different styles, but if you visit www.raneespoems.blogspot.com, you'll see that I've written about similar themes in my "Night" poems. Funny how these things work!

    :) Ranee

    ReplyDelete