Sunday, October 9, 2011

Yes ... We can...

Yes, once again I am having that non-external-object-related, lump-in-the-throat kind of joy much of the time, being high, a sense of grander view of the cosmos, a little extra sprinkle of magic in life.
But apart from that I'm also catching a sense of time-for-the-revolution fever. There is a sense that I was always wanting to be part of a change movement and this is what is the spirit of the times, the zeitgeist.
Some time back a friend posted this and I could not hold myself back from expressing what I have been mulling over lately... (I have researched a bit on this issue for 2 academic articles and I was horrified with the implications of this growing trend in India and the world. Now I'm also part of a group developing therapy for obesity issues using mindfulness and that lead to newer insights at the micro human level... how the culture of consumption has made people mindless in a very cliched way. I have been thinking of writing it all together ... so good to see your article...
It might seem senseless to say this, but I'm glad to see the global recession and how it is changing the world forever... the revolution of 'capture wall-street' going in US nowadays has its heart at the right place, for how long can people make money out of money, in thin air. The castle of the cards had to fall some day or other, better now when some say we still have a few years before 'point of no-return', otherwise it would be practically a mutual suicide. I'm also glad because the failure of this system in terms of a global recession with no end in sight means that this experiment has lost the moral ground. With that it has lost the ground for arrogant assumption that 'this is the way to be', and has to be replicated in every community around the world. Now there has to be space for more voices, more reflective criticisms, a focus on solutions, a way to find and try sustainable alternative systems ...
Just now I went for a walk where I found this article pasted on the windows of a shop... you might like not only this article but also this website... http://www.adbusters.org/magazine/95/revolution-america.html).

Not only there are voices which support the revolution (like an interesting article by someone I met long back) but there are some creative ideas emerging too ... such as use of alternative money in Greece, or a call to start utopian projects in Europe.

These are amazing times to be alive, if we can contribute a little (think of a way without blinkers) to make this world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment