Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Changing meditations for changing times

During my life there has been times when I have felt a special affinity for a particular type of meditation/ visualization or that it came naturally to me or developed within me as per my needs of the moment.

I was thinking about it and suddenly remembered, long back it was about the felt sense of all beings forever connected. Only later I think I read about the metaphor of 'Indra's web' where each one of us is like a single knot in that web. Along with that there was a feeling that we never lose anyone, since we are forever there with each other.

The second time it was of good will for every one, especially starting from my practice at that time of karuna-matri meditation. It was like opening of heart and a higher energy of good will and love sustaining me and everyone.

And nowadays its more about connecting with the empty space between every thought, the space which hold everything in a room, the space which hold the earth, the space which is always the container and thus larger than whatever it contains.
Just now as I was reading another article about Mellen-Thomas Benedict's self report of his NDE, something very similar is described in one of the paragraphs.
Where is the void? I know. The void is inside and outside everything. You, right now even while you live, are always inside and outside the void simultaneously. You don't have to go anywhere or die to get there. The void is the vacuum or nothingness between all physical manifestations. The SPACE between atoms and their components. Modern science has begun to study this space between everything. They call it zero-point. Whenever they try to measure it, their instruments go off the scale, or to infinity, so to speak. They have no way, as of yet, to measure infinity accurately. There is more of the zero space in your own body and the universe than anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment